The early 2000s was a simpler time; quite literally The Simple Life made Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie reality TV icons, Tiger Woods was smashing records not his Cadillac Escalade SUV, Finding Nemo was released and the Nokia 3200 was all the rage (those changeable cases though).
I’m going to do an Anastacia (the singer, not the brow queen of Beverly Hills) and look back at 10 early 2000s fashion trends through rose tinted glasses.
1. Bucket Hats and decorative plasters
2. Pointy shoes paired with flare jeans (bonus points for dirty-looking denim and a singlet dress)
3. Chopsticks with fake hair scrunchies
4. Soul patches for the soulless
5. Juicy Couture tracksuits for when you want to be brand loyal and comfortable
6. Handkerchief hems
7. Camouflage used, ironically, to stand out
8. Not-so-corporate ties
9. Denim, denim and just a touchmore denim
10. Skinny (sometimes sparkly) scarves for when you only want to be a little warm
In compiling this list I have realised that one post is probably not enough. I still need to unpack my unfulfilled desire for a Von Dutch trucker hat.